Tuesday, November 15, 2011

AEDM: Day Fifteen!

Today’s card was an experiment.


For months, I have been ruminating on a larger art piece (on canvas, 48” by 24”) that would consist of three-dimensional interlocking circles which I would paint on, around, and between.

But, I’ve consistently put it off because I wasn’t sure how to go about it and didn’t want to get halfway through it and then find myself stuck.

So, I decided to use today’s ATC as a mini dry run. And, boy, am I glad I did!

Do you know how hard it is to cut and reassemble circles?

Answer: HARD! I had no idea, how hard. I almost lost my mind!!

And, do you know how hard it is to keep paper circles symmetrical when reassembling them?

Answer: Next to impossible!

I tried again and again and again to keep them perfectly round, and failed.

What a valuable lesson!

If I do attempt to do this on a larger scale (which I’m reconsidering) I will not be using cardboard to make my circles. I’ll have to use a firmer material that is almost unbendable. And I wouldn’t have known that without trying it on this little ATC.



So, thank you ATC!

2 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

I really like how your ATC turned out - so glad you tried it!

Gwen said...

I think this is brilliant. I like it because of its irregularity. I doubt you will ever get perfection...settle for what comes. I really, really like this ....go on do a big one, you will be fine...I am sure I will love it more if the circles are less than perfect circles...it is just a philosophy I have..I don't mean to sound bossy:)
Gwen xx