Wednesday, November 16, 2011

AEDM: Day Sixteen!

I decided to do a little experimentation with today’s card as well.

I really wanted to focus on texture, so I pulled out my super old coagulated gesso that I was going to toss, but decided to keep (just in case).

It has almost solidified, but was still smear-able.

I gooped some on a playing card and let it dry.

Then I got the card wet, and added four different shades of yellow paint.

I really liked how the paint settled in all the nooks and crannies. See:


This picture doesn't do it justice!


So, because I didn’t want to cover up all the texture, I only added one embellishment, trimmed it in a coordinating brown, and called it a day.

Simple, but beautiful.



Have a creative day!

1 comment:

creativechai said...

Beautiful, and a great choice to keep it simple, too. The colour and texture you achieved reminds me a little of melty beeswax.